In music lessons, teachers communicate with their students through technical and artistic as well as emotional and physical processes. This requires a coherent and situationally appropriate communication.
Against the background of various basic rules and models from communication practice, the following topics and questions will be discussed in the lecture and workshops:
- Respectful and trusting atmosphere in the classroom.
- Frame of reference and horizon of the students. Purposeful and adequate language.
- Clear agreements and expectations. Formulating realistic goals together.
- Importance and use of open and closed questions.
- Contact and perception. Observation of non-verbal signals.
- Appropriate handling of closeness and distance. Avoiding boundary crossings.
- The art of feedback. Concrete praise, constructive criticism, solutions, helpful paraphrasing.
- „Talking plainly.“ Appropriate conversation to address problematic behaviors and poor performance.
- Transfer of own experience, dealing with critical feedback.